Bankruptcy Resource Center
July 15, 2014
Michigan Bankruptcy Law Firm – Resources
The Law Office of Jeffrey J. Randa is committed to providing you with all of the advice and information you need to determine whether filing for bankruptcy is the right choice for you. As an experienced Macomb County bankruptcy attorney, Attorney Randa understands that filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult and confusing process. Our Michigan bankruptcy law firm aims to make the bankruptcy process as easy to understand and pain-free as possible. Our legal team will take the time to answer your questions and will carefully explain the rights, options and remedies available to you. In order to better assist you, our Michigan bankruptcy law firm has prepared the following list of bankruptcy-related resources.
- United States Federal Court: Bankruptcy Basics: The Bankruptcy Judges Division of the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts provides general information and a video series about the federal bankruptcy laws and the bankruptcy process.
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan: This is the official site of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Detroit, Flint, and Bay City, Michigan.
- The American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI): Founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues, ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, non-partisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency.
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information: This website provides detailed information and options for individuals dealing with debt.
- National Consumer Law Center (NCLC): The NCLC website provides a wealth of information on consumer protection issues, including bankruptcy relief, credit card debt, student loans and foreclosures and mortgages.
- Cornell University Law School Legal Information Institute (LII): This site provides a great deal of information on bankruptcy laws and bankruptcy proceedings.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA):The NACBA has prepared a consumer guide to help individuals determine whether filing for bankruptcy is right for them.
- New York Times – Weighing the Options with Credit Card Debt: This article provides insights and information on credit counseling services and debt settlement companies
- U.S. News – Personal Finance: 5 Bankruptcy Myths Debunked: This article examines the myths surrounding consumer bankruptcy and the many reasons people file for bankruptcy.
- MSN Money: Don’t Fall for these 7 Credit Myths: This article exposes credit repair rip-off schemes and sets forth tips on understanding and dealing with your credit score.
- State of Michigan Attorney General Consumer Protection Alert: This alert addresses credit repair scams and discusses how to go about choosing a credit counselor.
The resources listed above are designed to serve as a starting point in helping you to better understand consumer credit issues and the bankruptcy process. You may be feeling overwhelmed and confused and our staff is here to help. If you have questions about filing for bankruptcy or would like to discuss your personal financial situation with an experienced Macomb County bankruptcy attorney, call the Law Office of Jeffrey J. Randa at 586-228-6523. Our no-obligation consultations take place over the phone, and are absolutely free.